Thursday, May 10, 2007

Where is My Sock Pal?

First, I haven't yet heard from the person who is knitting my Sockapalooza socks. Should I be afraid? I know I am definitely worried. If you haven't emailed your partner don't leave him or her in suspense. Just let them know you exist. I've emailed the person I am knitting for and she has replied.

The next news is that I’ve decided to make Monkey from Knitty for my partner using Lorna’s Laces Shepard Sock in color number 74, Mother Lode. It seems like a lot of us are making it. Here is a picture at three repeats. I’m a little past that now. I’m using two circulars and it is working out well so far. Of course, it is a long time to August and I may decide on something else. But for now I’m having fun with these.

4 comments:

Natália Maria said...

Great work. Is it dificult to do?

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Your socks are looking great, and I love the colours in the yarn!

kaleidoscoptic said...

The sock is working up easier than I had thought. it is definitely not a mindless pattern because every row is different but nothing is too hard. And I love the way it looks-all swoopy. I didn't want the sock to look to stripey and this breaks up anything that might be a stripe. I completed the heel last night so it is going pretty quickly.

Jacqui said...

however, i've emailed my sock recipient, and she HASN'T replied.

nor have i heard from my secret paloozer. :-(