Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Finally one nearly done


Bear with me as this is my first post to Sockapalooza 4. I would normally just go to the pligg and attach my website as a link, but my site is not just about my knitting but that of a couple friends so I don't feel comfortable putting them out there on the pligg without permission. So my first post will be here on the Sockapalooza 4 website. Hopefully people are still checking it out. I originally bought Reynolds Sea Wool in Pale Pink to knit socks from the newest IK by Veronik Avery. But after some work and some thinking I determined my first knee highs should not be for someone who I have limited measurements on. So, on to a computer search and I ended up with the Snicket Socks from MagKnits. I briefly thought I would jump on the Monkey Bandwagon but thought the cabling would show off the delicate yarn better. I am really liking the results and hope my pal likes them too! I hope to finish them completely in the next week or two as I have summer term coming up next week and expect to be too busy to get much knitting done! Fingers crossed that I can stay on schedule.

7 comments:

Ina said...

Nice sock! And considerate blogging, too.

Kristy said...

I think the Snicket sock is a great choice! I love that color :) You could put a link on the Pligg back to this post-- I'm sure that would be fine.

Carrie said...

Great choices with the yarn and pattern--your socks are going to be gorgeous!

Jenneke said...

It's beautifull! Just the right pattern for the yarn.

Alliesw said...

Lovely--both the knitting and the yarn!

Miss Me said...

gorgeous socks! i've always liked that pattern but haven't found the right yarn - yet - but now i have a "brilliant" idea...

Tonni said...

These are beautiful!