Thursday, May 3, 2007

I'm a sockapalooza virgin

Actually, I'm any sort of knitted swap virgin. I participated in a letter swap organised by a knitter recently, but no actually knitting or knitting-related swaps under my belt - this is my first and I'm excited and nervous. I have no idea how this all works. Am I supposed to contact my sock pal secretly and ask questions? Do I drop hints? Help!

I've already been spying of course.

Also, I feel like the only girl out there who doesn't do pink! I've no problem knitting in pink, thankfully.

Glad we don't ship out 'til August as I've been working on a pair of socks for ages and might even get them done before the end of June.

Anyway, quite excited about selecting yarn, even if it is likely to be very girly yarn ;), and a pattern!

- shannon

5 comments:

Nea said...

It's usually best to contact your pal to check up on any other details they may like in socks or to ask questions so to get a better idea of colors and designs they like. It's entirely optional but a lot of fun.
You do need to have an e-mail address that doesn't have your real name anywhere so they don't know it's you.

Kucki68 said...

I don't like pink all that much either. So you are not alone.

Seanna Lea said...

You are not alone. I really don't like pink (though I have some pink garments, because I look good in it. Figures), and socks are nearly the only place I can stand pink on a day to day basis.

OzKnitter said...

I'm not a pink fan either. My current socks are probably the 'pinkest' thing I've knitted for myself. (The yarn is red with pink, but it actually knits up as 'red' pretty much.)

Rachel said...

I a first time sock swapper and I'm not very pink either. I've recently come to grips with the fact that I look good in it, but it still isn't my favorite color. However, it is a bit more lively than blue, brown and green (what I usually wear).