Saturday, May 5, 2007

Should I be worried?

I haven't heard from either of my pals. I'm trying to decide if I should be worried. This is my first swap ever, so I really don't know what to expect.

I have emailed my giftee and left a comment on her blog, but she hasn't been there in a while - busy with school I think. I do have some beautiful yarn for her socks, and last night I cast on for the 1st sock. It was pretty late, so I need to go back today to see how it really looks.

I hope the Paloozer who got my name isn't hesitant because I don't have a blog. I check my email obsessively, and am excited to answer any questions she might have. I will stay over at this blog for now because I haven't figured out the "pligg" thing yet.

8 comments:

Devonshire said...

I too haven't heard from the person knitting from me, but like you I am obsessive about checking my email and only would like a "I got your name" just so I know....

nat said...

i have to agree. i have yet to hear from my pal, but i'm trying to be optimistic. i've gotten slightly shafted in swaps before, so this might be why i'm eager to hear from my pal

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry neither of you have heard from your pal :( I know it can be SO frustrating. I can't imagine trying to manage this many folks and get them to post a comment or drop an email to their spoilees, either. Hope you both hear from them soon:(

bonitapita said...

I've contacted and have heard back from the pal I'm knitting for but not from the pal that is knitting for me? If it is you (anyone, not just these paloozas) try again. My email really doesn't spam anything so I know it can't be that and I've doublechecked that I spelled everything right. Thanks!

Ruby Banshee said...

For what it's worth, in the past I haven't really contacted my recipient, but I always deliver. We're really only a few days into this thing! With all of the website changes and everything, I wouldn't really worry about it. I guess I should go email my sock pal, but I'd rather web surf for her perfect sock yarn!

noricum said...

I haven't heard from either of my pals either. :(

alison said...

Hey gals! Just an FYI: your pal might not contact you at all. It's not required. Sockapalooza is
just a sock swap. It's not like secret pals where pals are supposed to send you all sorts of nice messages and gifts. They're certainly welcome to do that if they like, but not everyone does. So don't get worried! Just because you don't hear from your pal doesn't mean they're not knitting for you!

adrienne said...

Although it's not required, it would be great to hear at least once from your sock pal. I haven't heard from whoever is knitting for me, but I did hear back from the pal I'll be knitting for, yay! (but now I have to find new yarn!)