Thursday, May 3, 2007

Last Year's Socks

Hey all!

Since we're all on the subject of socks and sockapalooza, I wanted to share the socks I made for last year's event.
Entries with details on the socks can be found here and here. The stitch pattern is a simple two row stitch pattern, which can also be found in Vogue Stitchionary, Vol. 1 under the name "small herringbone rib."
Details on the stitch pattern used can be found here, or if you would like a more explicitly written pattern, you can check out this blog.

Over the past year, I've made the socks in several different yarns and colors. This one is my favorite pair, using Koigu:
And here is another pair I made using a striped Regia yarn.
I have unfinished pairs of socks in this stitch pattern throughout my house...
This is one of my favorite patterns because it works with any type of yarn - solid, varigated, or striped - and it's a very simple, elegant pattern. You can also easily adjust your gauge depending on the yarn thickness. The visual interest is there and knitting it up is a lot less boring than just a 2x2 rib. The fit is snug due to the stitch pattern and the way it's worked like ribbing. I'm sure if you just try it, you'll like it a lot, too!

Also see the entry on the socks my sock pal made for me! They were made using the Elfine pattern (I think it's listed in the sidebar). That is all. Carry on...

No comments: