Sunday, May 13, 2007

Late to the Worry Train...

Hi everyone...I know by now everyone is over at the Pligg, which is so novel it makes me feel ol (I'm 24!) but I thought I'd ask...is there anyone else who still hasn't heard from EITHER pal? Am I the only one?

I let a few days go by, then a week, then more. I've emailed my pal and commented on her blog (secretly, of course) but I haven't heard from her or from the person who has me. To quote myself in my latest (sock heavy!) post, I'm kinda feeling like a looooza!

I have yarn, a pattern, I'm raring to go, but I'd really feel better if I heard from at least one pal =/

And so this isn't a total pity party, here are some socks I just finished, details at the previously mentioned post.



CR

10 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
strikkegal said...

haven't heared from the person knitting for me either... should I be worried?

dorothee said...

To calm you down, I haven't heard from either pal (and I haven't contacted the pal I'm making socks for). I don't really expect them to get in touch with me, as this is a kinda secret exchange. I'd only get in touch if there was a problem.

Susan said...

I agree with Dorothee--I haven't contacted the pal I'm knitting for, but I've been lurking and planning; I haven't heard from the pal who's knitting from me, but assume that she (he?) is doing the same. It's a secret swap, so I only plan on contacting my pal if I have a question.

Sandykins57 said...

Your socks are really lovely!

Elizabeth said...

I agree -- I don't think it's posted anywhere in the instructions that you're supposed to contact your pal. I hadn't even though of contacting mine until so many people started freaking out about it. I'm sure everything is just fine.

MsLindz said...

I haven't heard from my pal who will be sending to me, nor have I heard back from who I will be sending to. I am getting a little worried, but there is a lot of time still, so I'm not too worried just yet.

socks and said...

I think people may be getting blocked/spam filtered/junk mailboxed and so no joy, no answer. Send again if you feel the need and check your filters for replies.
Are the socks Jaywalkers or some other pattern? Nice job on them.

Sarah said...

I just finished a pair of socks almost identical to these -- same pattern, same colorway!

mathiemom said...

It is reassuring to hear that some folks just don't make contact, but it would be nice to hear, from somewhere out in cyberspace, a "hey, I'm out here and I haven't forgotten you!" even if it was delivered completely anonymously (from a newly created address or even someone else's address). There doesn't have to be a breach of secrecy . . . and Alison did post a request on her blog that folks contact their sock pals. As a first-timer who hasn't heard and whose "knit for" pal got "stiffed" the last go-round, I do understand the concern.