Thursday, May 3, 2007

Help me choose a pattern . . .

I'm pretty sure that I've picked out my yarn:



It's Sundara Yarn it's Caribbean over Light Blue fingering weight. I'm leaning towards a twisted stitch pattern, here are some I'm considering:

1 & 2: From Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road: Conwy or Canal du Midi (also lovely in green here).

3: Bavarian Rockstar, also here.

4: Bavarian Twisted Stitch socks (on the Knitpicks site) from Cat Bordhi's Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles.

If anyone has feedback about these options, or similar alternatives, please let me know. The Canal du Midi is the front-runner, but I do waver when I look at other options! More lengthy reasoning for these choices (and another choice that I've pretty much ruled out) can be found on my blog. Thanks!

7 comments:

Sandykins57 said...

I'm afraid that I am not much help, I like them all. :)

Seanna Lea said...

That yarn is absolutely gorgeous. I've been drooling over the Sundara yarn for a long time (too lazy and broke to actually get around to buying it). It's yarn pretty enough to wrap into a hank and wear as a necklace.

knittingphilistine said...

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the patterns with that yarn! They'd all be fantastic!! Great choices!

Meghann said...

I'm working on the Conwy pattern right now and I like it. The only problems I've had is I got a little confused by the decreases on the leg...I didn't understand the chart very well and had to rip out and try again. The stitch pattern is pretty easy to memorize though!

Jess P. said...

Love the yarn! I'm working Cat Bordhi's pattern right now and am loving it. It definitely isn't boring to knit.

Courtney said...

I personally love Conwy and wish the photo in the book showed more detail...but I am also partial to Canal du Midi (I am fiercely loyal to Nancy Bush!)
Good luck choosing, but you can't go wrong with that yarn!

Kristy said...

Those all look like great choices! You might also consider Cookie A.'s Twisted Flower pattern. It's gorgeous!