Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Slip stitch patterns?

I have finally returned from my trip. Contacted both up and down stream people - yippee! Because of my knitttee's preferences, I'm thinking of a slip stitch pattern to mix up the designs. Any quick tutorials, or nice patterns, references, etc out there to help? Design isn't a strong suit of mine - only designed one pair of socks before, so any hand holding would be appreciated.

Everyone seems wonderfully busy with Sockalooza. The excitement and energy is wonderful. It is great that we are such a wide flung group of knitters. But that is also the sad part - we won't ever be able to meet together to exchange gifts - but what a mental image that is!

5 comments:

The Last Yard said...

Check out Sock bug she has a couple patterns.. I have done the lava flow socks they are really cute and the caruso socks on knitty are a fun knit too.

Suzanne said...

Sensational Knit Socks by Charlene Shurch has a number of slip stitch patterns. I bet her second book would have some, too.

Lloer said...

Try Crusoe over at Knitty.com. I used on my second socks ever and it came out really well. It also helped break up the pooling I was getting from the yarn.

erin said...

the last time around I made a pair of socks for my pal based off of this pattern.

http://tuulia.blogspot.com/2006/02/pattern-for-green-socks.html

erin said...

well shoot that didn't work If you go to
http://tuulia.blogspot.com
It's under feb 2 2006, or in the sidebar i think there is a link for light green socks.