Thursday, May 31, 2007

*cross fingers* first post

Ok. I've layed low. I've been crazy busy at work and I've queued up some baby knitting for a short (~2 month) work relocation. While travelling in LA I found THE YARN at this great yarn store.
And last night I cast on! I'm just a bit in... we'll see how the pattern turns out. I'm not committed yet. I love how the yarn is knitting up. It reminds me of grapes on the vine, actually, with the green much greenier than it looks in the picture I linked. But as I started working on the pattern I saw the words "This pattern is perfect for solid yarn"... whoops! Welcome to my short attention span. :) If the pattern starts to flow, I'll post a picture. Hooray! The start of the the socks! I'm so excited....

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

Pretty yarn. How can you go wrong with Lorna's Laces?

Sarah T. said...

although I've gotten to the pattern bit..... and its wrong. *grin* Well, my ribbing was right. Something about lace. I'm an astronomer, and it turns out I *still* can not count lace to save my life! I'm also so glad this post posted.. it totally bailed when I tried posting it, so I figured it got nuked in blogspot land....

Alliesw said...

Ah, lace, and reading patterns--I know what you mean about the short attention span thing! The yarn is beautiful--and I think will be so no matter what pattern you use!

Jenn said...

It is lovely!