Thursday, July 5, 2007

More Distractions from Sock Knitting

Dear Sock Pal,




I am done with your first sock and am halfway down the leg on the second sock. I would be done by now, but I keep getting distracted by other knitting projects.

This week I've been working on a Hogwarts scarf in Ravenclaw colors. Our LYS is trying to get a scarf done in each of the house colors because we're all excited about the new movie and book coming out this month.


What do yarn shops have to do with Harry Potter books? Well it seems that a very clever person ; ) has written a book full of patterns related to the books and movies. If you haven't seen it yet, you can look here. (I'm trying to win a prize for most shameless promotion of our hostess's publishing venture - how'd I do?)


Don't worry - your socks will be done in plenty of time!
Sock Pal


2 comments:

Sarah said...

That sock is beautiful!

alison said...

Thanks for the plug! ;0)

Glad to see that you're getting ready for the movie and book. It's too exciting, isn't it?!