Thursday, September 20, 2007

Savior Socks Away!

Here a really bad picture of the start of the socks for my "bonus" pal. The yarn is Yarn Pirate in the club color "calamity" and this is the first time I've worked with it. It is really soft and the colors are amazing in real life - purple, green, turquoise and cream. I love the way it stripes with the purple and turquoise together and the green and cream together. It is a good thing I'm posting this picture saying they were for a pal or I'd be tempted to keep them for myself! I wanted to do extra nice socks for this pal since her first pal didn't come through. These are going to be "inside out" socks from the BMFA sock club pattern, although I might modify the pattern on the leg. I love the way these socks are fitted and the garter stitch toe and heel!

I almost didn't post this for fear of giving away the "surprise". I'm afraid my pal may figure out these are her socks since there are so many fewer people knitting now. Maybe she'll figure this out and not look on the pligg if she wants to be surprised?

No comments: