Wednesday, August 8, 2007

All done!


I made it, I finished my Sockapalooza 4 socks - but just about. Sheesh! These socks beat the heck out of me. I don't know why and how come, possibly my constant exhaustion was to blame - but for a fairly simple pattern - I messed up way too often. Boo! I re-knit the heels twice (oy), re-re-knit too many pattern repeats (double oy), I bound them off twice (triple oy!)... But - they're finished! And with all the agony involved - I like them a lot! The pattern is easy (despite my best efforts to prove the opposite), beautiful and unique, Lorna's Laces has become my favorite sock yarn - soft, cushy and beautifully colored. I hope my sock pal likes them...
I packed them up and shipped them on monday. I added a couple of my favorite chocolates (I love the Panda one sooooo much! And it helps saving endangered animals too! Double score), a hand sewn bunny, a great bar of soap (I hate to promote stuff we sell at work, but his products are incredible, and we met the actual Hugo who started the company makes the soaps himself still - and he's such a great guy he deserves the mention) - and a little letter from moi.
(Yeah, my pal's name is Lynn - sorry if that's to revealing)


No comments: